[ExI] etextbooks

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Tue Jan 24 01:40:54 UTC 2012

> I'm also a big believer in buying the books for your kid's classroom
> that you want them to see them read.  Buy a few of these and sprinkle
> them around the classrooms.  Trust me, the kids will eat them up:

Yes this, and *read aloud to your kid* every day of the world.  There's a great
power there, even if a kid already reads, there's a bonding that you don't want to
miss.  Read books that may be over your kid's head for reading on their own.

Vocabulary building without tears. ;) Complex language usage spoon fed.

Read the books before seeing the movies. Let them make their own mind-pictures.

The discipline of sitting quietly, absorbed in the listening, is a valuable skill
that is sorely lacking nowadays.

Regards,
MB