[ExI] Perception of time was Wrestling with Embodiment

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jan 24 08:02:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 07:49:44PM +0000, BillK wrote:

> If your suggestion is correct, then it also implies that life is

I herefore dub thee "incredulous Bill".

> extremely rare and we are the first of that type of life in the
> galaxy.  The age of the galaxy allows plenty of time for the galaxy to

We're not in anybody's smart light cone. Galaxy has nothing to
do with it.

> have been colonised many times over, even at sub-light speeds.

Relativistic travel is easy, so any expansion will become
relativistic after a few hops latest by way of self-selection
of front organisms.

> So that would make me think that advanced races with access to space
> decide to do something other than spam the galaxy with their species.

Woop. Woop. Leap in logic detected. Abort. Abort.