[ExI] Wrestling with Embodiment

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Jan 27 15:16:48 UTC 2012

Ben wrote:

>>Is there not another possible way in which the brain and its
>>functioning could be expanded/extended that does not rely exculsive on
>>computational codes??

Sorry Ben, but I snipped most of your post, but that is because I agree with
you.  This is where you address the question:

"Even if it's purely in the form of patterns of energy (if that's possible),
it's still embodiment of information."

Yes definitely. I cannot see it otherwise. (Hayles is speaking from
postmodernist rhetoric, much like Don Ihde and Jean-Pierre Duprey.)

Natasha