[ExI] Wrestling with Embodiment

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 10:13:30 UTC 2012

On 28 January 2012 00:18, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> On 27/01/2012 13:38, Ben Zaiboc wrote:
>>
>thought is computation.
>
> How do you *know* this?

I think it is fair to say that thought is computation by definition.
In other words, I am inclined to call "thought"  the computations
performed by organic brains, and not, for instance, the releases of
hormones they may operate.

Another issue is whether life (or, for that matter, everything) is computation.

I think this is simply the perspective dictated by our current
paradigm, same as the ones that used to see the universe as a
mechanical device or the playground of preternatural forces.

--
Stefano Vaj