[ExI] electronic voting again

James Clement clementlawyer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 01:48:47 UTC 2012

On Jul 7, 2012 7:18 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> So here we are, coming up for the fifith major US election just since I
have been hanging out on extropians, or ninth if you count congressional
midterms.  Every other year we get to discussing end-to-end auditable
voting systems, and every time it never happens.  You would think in all
that time of having the technology and an identified problem that we would
have somehow solved it by now, but we are no closer to having that system
now than we were 16 yrs ago.  This time we are coming up on an election
with enormous long term consequences, and ever greater risk of a disputed
election.  Yet somehow we just can’t seem to get any traction on a problem
that can be solved with fairly straightforward technology.

Spike,

Incumbents and political party hacks
run the elections, and they have absolutely no incentive to let the people
decide anything.  Citizens and the MSM would prefer to look down our noses
at election fraud in Russia and elsewhere than admit it's the SOP in "the
Land of the Free."

Building a nanotech army,

James