[ExI] nintendo ds for grownups

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:34:12 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:17 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I have thought so hard on how to carry a iPad or equivalent, and nothing
> works for me.  I don't want to carry a backpack or a fanny pack, I don't
> want to hang it around my neck.  A DS is just the size it could be carried
> as naturally as a cell phone, in a pocket.  It would compromise on screen
> size, but I think it would work.
>
> If we use the DS hardware, I know there are many game cartridges which can
> be carried, so it stands to reason those could be programmed with a
> spreadsheet and a word processor, as well as a voice-to-text, which might
> be
> better than trying to include a keyboard.

Maybe too late to help, but I'm just catching up on my email backlog.

Consider the Dell Streak, an Android (Froyo) minitablet/phone that's now
discontinued and available for cheap. It's 6.0" x 3.1" x 0.4" vs the DS's
5.9" x 3.3" x 1.1". It's got an 800 × 480 display an a 1 GHz Snapdragon
CPU. And it would double as a phone/camera/satnav/etc.

-Dave