[ExI] nintendo ds for grownups

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 00:36:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>> Thanks Dave!  I will look at that.  So far, an iPhone is hard to beat.  It
>> isn’t great for spreadsheets, but I might need to deal with it anyway.  I am
>> looking for retinal displays that might work with an iPhone.  An iPad is
>> compelling enough that I am still looking for a good way to carry it in some
>> kind of small backpack arrangement.
>
> I just had a mental image of Spike wearing an iPad like a Tron-disc...

That's about what it would be like, if he had a robust way to secure it
without enclosing it.  Velcro probably would not work for the amount
of bending and general activity the back sees.  Most backpacks are
pouches, so it'd be more like a sheathe - though perhaps he could get
a transparent one.

(Personally, I wear an Android on my wrist and it works well enough.
Velcro does - mostly - work for that, though the supplier I got the
wrist mount from has moved on to an all-metal-and-plastic configuration
that reportedly works better.)