[ExI] electronic voting again

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:51:37 UTC 2012

On 8 July 2012 23:18, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> I think there is some truth to this. While we tend to think that the pomp
> and circumstance of our democracies are what matters, the real issues are
> seldom up for votes or political decisions: open societies, economic
> structure, dominant values. They change based on far broader trends - both
> a good and a bad thing, since they are hard to manipulate.

The so-called "metapolitical" strategy can be summarised as follows: you
want really to change things? Work on mentalities and dominant values. If
you are successful, politics will follow, if anything at the level of
public discourse - but at a certain point, revolutions do happen if changes
remain purely cosmetic.

This has in turn much to do with my transhumanist "activism".

--
Stefano Vaj