[ExI] olympic opening ceremonies

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 13:16:00 UTC 2012

"spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Since they are interested in the whole Olympics history
> thing, I am hoping
> they bring back the original notion of having the athletes
> compete nude.  Oh
> my, I would be sooo very there for the beach volleyball
> competition.
> Actually, all those sports would be a lot more fun to
> watch.  Women's ping
> pong would be cool, all the swimming competitors look like
> something carved
> of the purest marble, oh my.
>
> Now think of it this way: the stuffy rules committee and
> capitalist
> advertisement committees would likely shy away from the
> whole idea, so what
> we need are good computer simulations of top Olympic
> athletes competing
> nude.  We could do photoshop or something, and use some
> of our digital image
> magic to make it happen, ja?  It could even be used in
> those competitions
> where nudity isn't really practical, like the equestrians,
> swordswomanship,
> the downhill skiing etc.  Oh, there are buttloads of
> money to be made here.

I like your thinking Spike, but somehow doubt that this happening will ever coincide with the making of buttloads of money (cubic or otherwise), and may be more likely to coincide with a jail sentence, or at least a hefty fine:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/apr/13/olympics-2012-branding-police-sponsors

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=657daec0-134e-4edf-90c3-ac57565c478b

http://www.acluutah.org/olympictrademark.htm

Ben Zaiboc