[ExI] Atten: For any extropy technolibertarians -

F. C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Mon Jul 30 21:30:51 UTC 2012

On 07/28/2012 08:34 AM, Dan wrote:
> On Saturday, July 28, 2012 12:33 AM Kevin G Haskell <kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I love Max an Natasha, but I just want to let you
>> know about the Facebook group I moderate called
>> "Technolibertarians."
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/technolibertarians/
>>
>> Please feel free to send a request to join.
>
> Good show!

Sounds interesting.

>> I wanted to ask Max, Natasha, and anybody in here if
>> they would mind if I ever copy and pasted questions
>> and answers that were written in here to post in my
>> group?  I haven't, yet, and could, but would that make
>> anybody upset?

I strongly suggest DO NOT DO IT unless you get very specific individual
permission.  Without permission there are several reasons to avoid it
but I will just list one big reason which should be sufficient.  The
reason not to do it without specific individual permission is that
people often frame answers assuming the context of prior discussions and
also prior meta-level discussions on the list.  There is no way to
maintain this context using a copy and paste for particular bits of a
thread. Loosing this direct context and meta-level context might change
how a specific comment is intended.

Well I will add one more which is that people join the list, leave, then
sometimes come back so just posting a general request for permission to
the list might or might not cover the people you want to quote.

> What of those who believe any government is a danger to individual
> freedom and that libertarianism as such is only consistent with anarchism?

Dan asks a very good question.  I am not interested in debating the
issue of anarchism versus limited government here since this is not the
proper forum.  I just want to emphasis that the question Dan raises is
very important for the project you are undertaking.

Fred