[ExI] self driving cars

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jun 1 05:30:13 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Van
Sickle
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:08 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] self driving cars

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

-----Original Message----From: spike [mailto:spike66 at att.net]

Suggestion: we create a special class of self-driving vehicles specifically
designed for delivery purposes.

Brad Templeton talks about this pretty extensively here:

http://www.templetons.com/brad/robocars/deliverbots.html

In fact, I don't think there is any facet of robocars he hasn't thought of
and discussed on his site.

--s

Oy.  I realized some Gaian could pack a robo-car with explosives and give
GPS coordinates for the local ROTC recruitment center or GM headquarters.
Theoretically it gives anyone a way to try to kill someone from a couple
hundred miles away, delaying any arbitrary amount of time, creating a more
sophisticated mail bomb with lower risk of getting caught.

Thanks for the link, Steve.