[ExI] Physical limits of electromagnetic launchers

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Fri Jun 1 18:52:28 UTC 2012

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012, Anders Sandberg wrote:

[...]
> Anybody has any thoughts on this?
>
> (And don't worry, it is not intended as a relativistic kill weapon. It is for
> science! And maybe spamming the universe)

If you plan for hurtling dumb matter at high speeds and it happens to
trash any alien installation - from diplomatic standpoint, I guess this is
asking for retalliation. Especially if some alien lovers put a plaquette
with Sun location, basics of our chemistry etc. Yes, it may hurt aliens
milion years from now, but how can one be sure they don't know time
travelling?

Regards,
Tomasz Rola