[ExI] self driving cars

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:46:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> I think that's a bit pessimistic. According to the car manufacturers
> they believe it will be optional equipment on all models by 2020. Yes,
> it will take time for the last of the driven cars to go away, but I
> think they will be widespread by 2020.

Hofstadter's law, invented by the cognitive scientist Douglas Hofstadter.
"Any task you're planning to complete will always take longer than
expected - even when Hofstadter's law is taken into account".

Hofstadter's Law was a part of Douglas Hofstadter's 1979 book Gödel,
Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid.

BillK