[ExI] conformal cyclic cosmology

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 01:02:51 UTC 2012

http://t.co/3h0px63O

Are layman analogies acceptable models for discussion on a topic like this?

I imagine rain on an already wind-swept and tumultuous lake surface to
be hardly noticeable while the first drop of rain on an ideally
undisturbed lake would produce ripples that travel noticeably for a
long distance.  I think the analogy may work well enough.  I'm not
sure if it extends to explain how the first drop of rain coalesced
outside the surface of the lake.

I assume many here are actually able to discuss cosmology using math -
but can you paint me a picture with a more colorful brush so I might
recognize the scene?