[ExI] new 60s, was: RE: self driving cars

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jun 15 16:37:08 UTC 2012

>. We could have the new 60s on our hands.  Emlyn

>.Wooohooo! Bring it ON!  I might even still have a tie dye shirt stuffed
back somewhere. spike

Emlyn, I sometimes feel kinda cheated: I mostly missed out on the 60s, even
though I was technically there, born in that decade.  The town where I grew
up, we never really had the 60s, never had hipsters, never had hair in that
backward southern town.  We had the 50s thrice, did it well the second time
and poorly the third.  We kinda went directly from the 50s to the 80s, so I
missed out.  Long after the fact, I read Kerouac's On The Road, but now
whenever I talk to a hipster, I realize how not hip I am still.  I don't get
it: isn't Kerouac the definition of hipster?