[ExI] Time for a political robot party?

Carsten Zander Carsten.Zander at t-online.de
Sun Jun 24 15:01:11 UTC 2012

Anders Sandberg wrote:

> If it has taken 20 years for the Internet to produce just the Pirate
> Party, why do you think a robot party would be viable? It might be
> smarter to merge your ideas with theirs - the real strength of the PP
> is that they actually put technology issues high on their agenda.

Yes, this would be desirable.
But for the moment, it's not my impression that the Pirate Party would
do this. It could be subjective.
How can we force the Pirate Party to take up robot issues?
Answer: with the idea of a robot party.
Perhaps just the idea has an effect.

Let me bring an example:

We have 100 Billion dollars for the flight to mars. :-)

1.) Conventional thinking:
We start a huge mars program and we'll fly to mars in 20 years.

2.) New way of thinking:
We start a robot development program. In 20 years we would have
catapulted the world into the future. We would have solved the global
problems of the world. And by the way we'll fly to mars.

That's why a separate political robot party. Or just the idea.
To change the way of tinking.
Yes, it's just a crazy thought. It's a symbolic thought. Sorry.

-Carsten