[ExI] Should the US fund life-extension research?

estropico estropico at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 06:52:27 UTC 2012

> From: Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com>
>
> You know something that works one heck of a lot better than
> Internet petitions?
> Writing a short note to your Representative and Senators
> asking them to back life extension research.

Absolutely, but I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive.

> You know what burns up and wastes a lot of the passion
> that we could be using to actually get stuff done?
>
> Internet petitions.

Well, it took me two minutes to sign it. Not sure I would consider
that a significant investment in terms of passion or energy.

In the meantime the petition has overcome the first hurdle, the 150
signatures needed for it to appear on the "front page" of the
petitions section of the White House website. Frankly, I'd be
surprised if it did reach the 25000 signatures needed to be submitted
to Obama, but still it's a very easy way to bring (some) attention to
the life-extension cause.

Cheers,
Fabio

Cheers,