[ExI] Future Day = March 1, 2012

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Mar 1 17:35:09 UTC 2012

On Feb 29, 2012, at 7:41 PM, PJ Manney wrote:

> I'll be on Fast Forward Radio with Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon
> discussing the reasoning behind having a future-based holiday and talk
> about how we each celebrated.
>
> http://blog.speculist.com/fastforward_radio/future-day-fastforward-radio.html
>
> Maybe we'll have some fun suggesting holiday traditions for future
> Future Days and songs appropriate for the season.  Any suggestions?

I think spending part of the day in reflection on what you want from the future, clarifying your picture of the best future possible, is good.  From there thoughts on what the steps are to get there, what it will take.     Include if you can the changes in ourselves at an inner level, in our working psychology and in our institutions.   Then blog about it, write essays, make art, get together and hash it out with others.     Think especially on what things you can do in your own life and with your own time to make some of what you desire a bit more likely.

Gatherings with local H+ folks and interested persons of any and all types including tilting a few glasses are in order.

Of course some of you do this much of this sort of thing every day.

- samantha