[ExI] Wireless technology jump.

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 15:34:36 UTC 2012

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/120803-vortex-radio-waves-could-boost-wireless-capacity-infinitely

"It is hard to put into words just how significant Thide’s discovery
could be. If the vortex preserves other aspects of wireless
communications, such as multiplexing, then in the short term we could
be looking at a wireless spectrum that can carry 10 or 20 times as
much data. In the long term, as our understanding of orbital angular
momentum grows, our wireless spectrum could effectively be infinite.
To be honest, this is such a huge twist for wireless communications
that the full repercussions are not yet known."

There are several entries by the professor who invented this trick in
the comments along with pointers into peer reviewed papers.

Keith