[ExI] EP, lasers and power satellites

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Mar 3 18:09:24 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 09:03:37AM -0700, Keith Henson wrote:

> If it comes down to building laser propulsion to solve the
> energy/carbon problems or several billion people starving and dying in
> resource wars, which do you pick?

But we don't need to build laser propulsion. We need to engage
a concerted program of actions *immediately*. If successful, we
wil have completed the conversion to a sustainable society by
2050 latest. We will have plenty of time then.

I'm sorry, but this power-pie-in-the-sky thing is. Not. Helping.