[ExI] Stepping into a Pile of Crap (Maybe)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:11:59 UTC 2012

Hopefully this isn't too far off topic... but I know some of you have
had run ins with bad PR in the past, and I thought this might be a
good place to get some advice. You're the smartest people I know
collectively.

Recently, there has been a dust up about president Obama's web subsite
for African Americans.

http://www.barackobama.com/african-americans

Some people, me included, think this is racist. To point out this
fact, I am considering the creation of a parallel web site...

http://www.caucasiansformittromney.com

Meant entirely as comedic relief, and to offer a foil to the
president's web site. It might bring more people to be aware of the
president's racist web site, which is more or less the secondary goal.
The primary goal is to make a buck. :-) Hey, let's be honest about it,
right?

Obviously, if this gets any attention at all, I'm going to rue the day
I was born. I could get it bad from both sides. Tea Party people will
think I'm making them out to look racist... I mean the number of
things that could go wrong, badly wrong, are innumerable. Then again,
all this bad publicity could cause the site to go viral, and I could
stand to make a few bucks selling T-Shirts, accepting donations, or
just selling advertising.

Shockingly, I got a bunch of domain names related to this concept...
without even trying real hard... Apparently, there isn't anyone else
out there dumb enough to consider this angle.

So, please try and talk me out of this. :-)  Please!

-Kelly