[ExI] Banks (was Re: Doomsday Oil Price: (was RIP: Peak Oil))

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 20:24:11 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

In a day and age when everyone is having to deal with the prospect of losing their jobs to automation, aren't bankers at all worried? I mean other than the right to ownership, which software doesn't have but that corporations do, what exactly do bankers *do* that a machine can't do better? I for one almost always use my bank's ATM. Does the CEO of my bank do any more for me than that ATM machine? I mean other than give himself fat bonuses for screwing up the economy?

You really want to get back at the bankers, Bill, program and design a bank that can operate at a huge profit with zero employees. Then if the bank goes broke, you can just pull the plug on it and not have to worry about it whining to the government.

Stuart LaForge

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." -Thucydides.