[ExI] Atlantic article on human reengineering with very strong reactions

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Mar 13 11:02:35 UTC 2012

On 13/03/2012 02:31, Max More wrote:
> This article is about a paper (co-authored by Anders Sandberg) that
> considers ways of reengineering humans so as to "combat" climate
> change. I'll restrain myself from commenting, except to say that it's
> an interesting piece, as is the intensity of the comments in
> response.<http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/03/how-engineering-the-human-body-could-combat-climate-change/253981/>

I liked that Slashdot tagged the article 'troll'. This is probably the
closest I have ever got to actually trolling people.

And of course, the only long-term sustainable approach is to become a
solid state civilization...
http://www.aleph.se/andart/archives/2009/03/a_really_green_and_sustainable_humanity.html

--
Anders Sandberg,