[ExI] Cheap Source of Protein was Re: Pink Slime

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Mar 14 23:52:31 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:06 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] Cheap Source of Protein was Re: Pink Slime

On 14/03/2012 19:48, spike wrote:

>>.Has anyone here actually eaten a bug?  . For all we know, insects are as
tasty as crunchy little shrimp.

>.Yup. I have tried the cricket tacos at Cafe Oaxaca in San Francisco, and
they were very good. dried mealworm (crunchy, maybe good with a beer). .--
Anders Sandberg

Anders' offhanded comment contains a critically important notion.  If you
are going to retrain your mind to eat things you are currently unaccustomed
to devouring, there are two important steps to follow.  First, go light
rations for a couple days before, or very low fat for two or three days, so
that everything looks good.  Then snack lightly on crackers and drink some
beer.  It must be beer, no other alcohol, beer.  It does open one's mind to
new foods.  I don't know why that is, but you will understand if you have
ever been out with buddies on a fishing day, eating things and drinking
beer.  After a day of that, one will swallow anything that comes out of the
water.  That's how I became turned on to raw oysters.  It works.