[ExI] Pink Slime

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 15 20:53:13 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] Pink Slime

2012/3/13 Kryonica <kryonica at gmail.com>:
> But this morning on BBC news we were once more reminded of the dangers
> of eating red and processed meat...
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17345967

### I am mildly skeptical of the red meat kills claims. It's true that red
meat contains significant amounts of iron which is toxic to
mitochondria...So if you like meat and if you are worried about it killing
you, just donate blood on a quarterly basis which is sufficient to keep your
ferritin levels below 50 and should completely protect you from meat's
poisonous impact... Rafal

Rafal!  You are a gift, pal.  You offer reasonable explanations for that
which I already figured out to some extent via careful observation and
intuition.  Yesterday I hit the five gallon mark in blood donation.