[ExI] Jaw-dropping CWRU Alzheimer's breakthrough?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Mar 18 04:41:01 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of spike

>>...It does carry more risk but how desperate is the situation?  Stuart
LaForge

>...Eeesh, I don't know Avant.  I am waaaay outside my area of expertise
here...spike

OK damn, oy vey.  A big study was just released in a credible looking site
called The Oncology Report, which says that they have a paradoxical result
in a long term study of those taking bexarotene for T-cell lymphoma, for
which it was originally approved.  Comparing groups who received bex to
those who did not, patients who received the drug responded positively, but
it had an overall negative impact on survival.  This result singled out
those who had mycosis fungoides, which is a majority of cutaneous T-cell
lymphoma cases.

This is bad, but all is not lost.  I have been waiting for data in
Alzheimer's patients who are experimenting with this stuff, and in the
meantime, I am seriously thinking of buying some of this from the British
company, which claims they can ship me 100 of these tablets legally, then
grinding same and dissolving in alcohol, and giving a smaller dose than
would be used for cancer patients to a family member.  So if bexarotene has
risks (it does, we knew that already) then this lower dose notion might be
the way to go, as soon as I can determine how it fights against the thyroid
medications.