[ExI] bees again

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Mar 23 15:59:39 UTC 2012

>. On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
Subject: Re: [ExI] bees again

2012/3/22 spike <spike66 at att.net>

WOW a really good clue today was observed.

{.two dying bees together.}

Can anyone here think of any alternate explanation besides poisoning for
seeing two bees dying together, same place, same time, same stage of
decline?  This twin death had the same symptoms as others I have observed:
the bees couldn't fly, but could still walk, did not show age effects such
as tattered wing trailing edges, and were passive.  I carried at least three
of them home in the palm of my hand and none made any attempt to sting.  All
died within an hour of being observed walking.  A virus wouldn't slay them
that quickly I wouldn't think, and a parasite would be an even slower
decline.

I have a mind to talk to that homeowner, find out what pesticides they use.
Don't know what to do with the info, but I want it anyway.