[ExI] Bug guts and other fare

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Mar 23 23:29:56 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of The Avantguardian
>
>>...  If you were to see firsthand how actual honey is extracted, the facility, the entire process, you would…  well, suffice it to say a honey extraction facility is the vegetarian’s equivalent of a slaughterhouse.

>...FWIW honey is a source calories that last forever without refrigeration. Archaeologists have found edible honey in ancient tombs.

Avant, didn't you hear that feller that put together Piltdown Man sneaked into the ancient tomb and put some fresh honey in there, just to screw with our minds.

I agree honey will keep forever.  I don't doubt that it is sterile, lots of antibiotics in there.  It's just really gross for people with a low squick threshold.  Mine is high, so I don't care.  Also consider the old timers didn't have centrifugal extractors or flatbed trucks kicking up dust, so they probably had a lot less foreign matter in their honey.

>In a survival situation, if one must choose between eating an unidentified plant or an unidentified animal, go with the unidentified animal... Stuart LaForge

Always, ja, the same thing I heard in scouts.  There are no poisonous animals.  If you can catch one, it is safer and more satisfying.  The digestive system knows not the difference between one beast and any other.  After a couple days of hunger, your mind will decide to play along as well.

One thing about it is you don't want to use up all your remaining reserves trying to catch some beast you may not be able to catch.  Wild lupines will not run away.