[ExI] The NSA's new data center

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 21:43:49 UTC 2012

_______________________________

This is somewhat pertinent. Many cities are purposefully removing the red-light cameras they had previously installed. Although the articles cite many reasons, this trend was first brought to my attention by someone who claimed it was beecause cities were *losing* revenue from traffic citations. People learned where the cameras were and stopped running those lights. Eventually the cameras lost the cities more than it made them in revenue.

Sometimes the state benefits more from crime and subsequent punishment than it does from preventative law-enforcement.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/28/l-a-city-council-votes-to-remove-red-light-cameras/

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1065577_houston-joins-l-a-in-removing-red-light-cameras

Stuart LaForge

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." -Thucydides.