[ExI] 5th Grade Science Fair -- Evolution

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Mar 26 01:53:56 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] 5th Grade Science Fair -- Evolution

>...The thing that I'm curious about is whether the improvement will peak
out at some point... whether there is a point beyond which they simply will
not improve any more. And of course, it would be super cool if we actually
got a new species... but I'm not counting on that... :-) Might take hundreds
of generations to do something like that, but it's going faster than I
thought so far, so we'll see.  -Kelly

We had a guy who used to hang out on Extropians a long time ago, kept fruit
fly CR/longevity experiments going for years.  His name is Doug Skrecky.
Eventually he went over to hang out on Cryonet.  I never met him personally,
but I have half a mind to try to find Doug, and tell him we are inspired by
his work, the longevity experiments and so forth.  I don't think we fully
appreciated him while he was hanging out here.  I haven't seen a post of his
in over a decade.

If anyone here knows Doug or is friends with him, do post him a note, tell
him we miss him, invite him to drop in on old friends.