[ExI] experiment regarding ethical behaviors vs status: was RE: Will robot cars be TOO good?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Mar 28 00:21:30 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> >...  They have the choice of speeding ahead in the empty right lane up to
the front of the line and stuffing their car
> ahead of other patient drivers who are now well behind, but overall
> wads up traffic, so it penalizes the cooperators twice.  These are the
defectors.

>... Perhaps the rich are in a hurry more often than the poor... :-)  --
Kelly

I think you hit it right on Kelly.  In my own analysis I missed an important
point: the racy German cars were favored by companies who offered them as
bait for the best executive talent.  They were likewise favored by those who
wanted to appear to be one of those executives.  So racy German cars are
favored by fast rising executives, whose time really is valuable as all get
out.  Fines for driving crazy are flat rate, not a function of income.  So
the penalty for a fast rising executive is an annoyance, but for the local
taxi driver it is a crisis.