[ExI] Depressing set of memes

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:18:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this is the dominate meme set in our culture, but it's
> energy-sapping and depressing.  It may be the biggest factor in the
> downfall of American culture.  Any ideas on  how to counter it?

Reality television showcasing the typical American kowtowing to bosses
of every other national origin reminding us that it can't get any
worse if they continue to do nothing different.  You know, exploit
every stereotype in reverse: racial slavery reversal, ethnic domestic
help reversal, male-chauvinsim gender role reversal, cats and dogs
living together... mass hysteria.  (sorry)

I don't think it's the biggest factor unless (even if) you have so
many factors already on your list that single-digit percentages of
overall contribution are still noticeable as big.

Doing nothing is often seen as the ethical choice in the Trolley
Problem - as if not taking an action absolves one of the
responsibility for the outcome as if he or she had not been present.
hmm...