[ExI] The silent PV revolution

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Fri Mar 30 18:04:28 UTC 2012

spike wrote:

>  Ever so patiently I explain, yes
> we can build card
> that get 100 mpg, however... it isn't your classic
> Detroit
> V8 with special
> rare-earth magnets on the fuel line.  Yes we can do it,
> yes the cars are
> light, slow and dangerous, and there are noooo patents or
> copyrights
> preventing any of it from being done.

Indeed. My 1989 Chevy Geo Metro got just below 60 mpg on
the highway when new. Note that it was built of thin foil
and could only seat 4 small adults - just a tiny slow
tin-can of a car with a 3 cylinder engine. It's still my
around-town go-to car. :)

In my life I've had three cars I loved: a Corvair
stationwagon (!), a VW squareback, and this Geo (also sort
of like a mini-sationwagon).

When will they make me a new Geo Metro??? This one is
falling apart - it's old enough to vote.

Regards,
MB