[ExI] The silent PV revolution

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 01:36:15 UTC 2012

2012/3/30 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
> Honestly, we can do this now, we can run these rigs on our streets.  All we
> really need is to find a way to run them safely, and I think we can figure
> out what is needed to do that.  Our existing high-speed streets are already
> wide: we can divide off a narrow low speed lane and pave it glass smooth.
> Our suburbian surface streets are narrower, but they are already lower speed
> routes.  I predict that such a system would carry 20% of the traffic within
> five years if we would just do it.  So let’s just do it.

Do you think after the road is glass-smooth there will be any issue
keeping the cars in the lane, especially during wet/winter conditions?
 Since glass-smooth will require considerable build (at least it will
in northeast US) would it make sense to have the opposite of our
current roadway's high-middle lower sides?  If the glass-smooth roads
were effective bob-sled paths, the tendency would be for the car to
drift into the center of its lane.  Of course we'd need to be able to
turn off the road, so the high walls of a bobsled course is an
exaggeration (though a downhill express route would be an exciting
ride, no?)