[ExI] The silent PV revolution

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 18:26:32 UTC 2012

2012/3/29 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
> I have a friend who is putting in a huge solar installation in eastern
> Oregon.  This concern (that the local power company will get all its needed
> expensive renewable power, then offer him coal-gen prices for any above
> that) keeps my friend awake at night.  His PV farm is the first to go in,
> but if a neighboring farm decides to follow his lead (farmers are bad to do
> that) then both eventually go broke.  His long-term financial survival
> hinges on convincing all local land owners that he is not making money on
> those PVs.

How will he compete with someone who puts in a system four years from
now at half the cost?

It is nearly as bad to subsidize solar as it is to subsidize big oil.
In 50 years, people will be complaining about subsidies for BIG SOLAR.
Sigh. Will the government never learn to just let the markets be?

-Kelly