[ExI] Milky Way escape velocity

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:02:13 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Stefano Vaj  wrote:
> Million? miles?! hour? I could do the math, but while it sounds much, I do
> not have from the top of my head the vaguest idea of the fraction of c we
> are discussing here... :-)

What! You can't do simple conversions in your head! So much for mental
arithmetic.  ;)

It is about .001 to .002 of the speed of light.
It is easy for light to escape from the galaxy. That's why we can see the stars.

There are lots of unit conversions websites available.
It is worth bookmarking at least one website as Americans still use
antique measures like feet and miles.
They even use gallons and insist on a unique size for their gallons.  :)

<http://www.onlineconversion.com/>

BillK