[ExI] Off Topic -- Opportunity to help out

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:02:45 UTC 2012

I know, what could possibly be off topic here, right? :-)

Well, I have established a relationship with a middle/high school in
Uganda... They have about ten more students that would like to attend
school, but cannot afford the tuition... This isn't an official
charity or anything, just a way to help. If anyone is interested, the
yearly tuition is around $600... which includes room and board for
about 9 months of the year. I have found that my relationship with my
student James is very enriching. This isn't a send the money and
forget it kind of thing, more like making a friend and helping them
out. There are so many scams in Africa, that I was relieved to find a
way to help someone directly. I've checked it out, and have been
working with my student James for nearly a year now.

So, if this sounds interesting to anyone, just contact me off list,
and I can provide you with the headmaster’s email. While one can never
be 100% sure that they aren’t being scammed, I have interacted with
these people enough now that I am quite sure it is legitimate.

I now return to your regularly scheduled rant.

-Kelly