[ExI] [Hplus-talk] Wired article on AI risk

Aleksei Riikonen aleksei at iki.fi
Mon May 21 11:33:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM, James W. Meritt <jwmeritt at aol.com> wrote:

> I thought higher of Wired until I personally saw how poor their
> fact-checking was.  I saw a number of items declared as fact that I knew
> were not true.  Ever since then, I have read their articles with a very,
> very large grain of salt and a very large chunk of disbelief.

*All* of their articles since then have elicited great disbelief in
you? It seems unlikely to me that they wouldn't have managed to write
something that happened to be competent. (Sorry, just being facetious
here.)

Personally, I've never thought particularly highly of Wired, but they
do sometimes write stuff that is good.

--
Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei