[ExI] SpaceX launch succcessful

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:48:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:23 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Life…is…gooooooood…

This is very exciting! I suppose we shall see if taking the
libertarian approach to space will work out better than the previous
endeavors... (Ok, not ENTIRELY fair, since they are standing on the
shoulders of giants...)  But time should tell... If SpaceX actually
can create rockets that will go to mars and the asteroids relatively
quickly, THEN we'll know this is the right approach.

The most interesting factoid for me was that SpaceX was founded in
2002, and that Boeing hasn't been able to get something going to this
point. I will take this as validation that smaller groups of people
can be more efficient and focused than large groups of people. I
wonder how many employee years SpaceX has expended thus far...

-Kelly