[ExI] Wired article on AI risk

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 00:16:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 May 2012 04:49, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Though stupid computers, as tools, can be instructed to "act" by AGI
>> before mere humans can counter that action.
>
> How do you define stupid vs intelligent?

It's a complex algorithm.  If it quacks like a duck... and it's a
duck... it's not that intelligent.  But if it quacks like a duck...
and it's a wolf trying to get close enough to eat a duck... that's
intelligent.  I'm not really sure how to model this rigorous proof so
I can make a gazillion megabucks.  (perhaps I lack requisite
intelligence)

>> j/k I'm sure nothing we build can ever be used against us even by accident.
>
> "We" who?

The smart people on this list?  The proles on this list?  Humanity in
general?  To be honest, I was making a counterpoint to my first
facetious argument with a second facetious argument.