[ExI] spacex signs contract for falcon heavy

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed May 30 19:59:53 UTC 2012

Cool!

Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX), which designs and launches rockets
as well as spacecraft, said on Tuesday it signed the first commercial
contract to launch the world's most powerful rocket.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/30/spacex-signs-contract-to-launch-wo
rlds-most-powerful-rocket/?intcmp=trending

Excellent, good luck SpaceX.

This is what we have needed for a long time.  When the government builds
rockets, they intentionally spread the work across as many states as
possible, to get the congress members to buy in.  This is inefficient and
expensive.  Having a single company do the rocket gets around that problem.
I have renewed hope of lower cost launches.  The question now is whether it
is low enough to do more and better stuff in space.  That remains an open
question.