[ExI] political fun and games

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Nov 1 15:36:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>... it is starting to look more and more like whoever wins in Ohio wins.

>...The state whose government has been pulling strong and legally
questionable means to swing the vote Republican?

No, that was in the next state over, Pennsylvania:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

>...It's not the vote that counts, it's who counts the votes...

Ja.  What astonishes me is that even after that 2000 Florida debacle, we
didn't systematically put in place any system that would trace the act of
voting to any kind of biometric identification system.  When I saw that
going on, weeks before the result was announced, I saw it as a huge victory
for those who would decrease the margin of error for elections.  I was
appalled when nothing was done.  I don't understand why the losing side in
that didn't press for better accountability in elections.