[ExI] unanimous decision, was: RE: An old skeleton tumbles out of the list closet

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Nov 14 06:17:01 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of MB
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:32 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] unanimous decision, was: RE: An old skeleton tumbles out
of the list closet

>> Indeed.  There were 59 voting divisions in and around Philadelphia in
> which Mitt Romney received not one vote, not a single vote.  The total
> Obama votes in those 59 districts totaled 19,605 votes, so 19,605 to zero:

http://articles.philly.com/2012-11-12/news/35069785_1_romney-supporters-mitt
-romney-sasha-issenberg

> This is what I really want to know: in those 59 divisions, how many
> votes did Gary Johnson get?
>

>...It would also be interesting to know if there were any republican votes
at all in those districts... or was everything staight ticket democrat.
Regards, MB

Does anyone here know how to get at that kind of information?  I don't know
how the news agencies would have gotten to it if it is not public domain
data.

This is more than just a passing interest in an irrelevant question.  As you
know I have long been suspicious of electronic voting machines.  We see
plenty of suspicious activity in a Florida congressional race in which we
may have exactly what I have been anticipating with dread: a contested
recount in which there is no paper trail.  In that case, we may never really
know who won, and forever have to take the word of whoever counted the
electronic votes.  That demonstrates that we have allowed the government to
take away our rights to elect governments, and democracy has failed.