[ExI] newspeak again, was: RE: How PISA surveys systematically overestimate Finland

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 06:56:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Special English is written in short , simple sentences that contain
> only one idea. No idioms are used.
>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_English>

### Ah, yes, me, age 14, minutely adjusting the dial on the radio to
detect the faint AM VOA signal from Munich, when not jammed by the
"boo-boo-boo" of government censors, rejoicing at being able to
understand this wondrous new language, from the land of the free and
the home of the brave.

Makes me misty eyed for my youth and innocence.

Rafal