[ExI] Why space tech isn't cutting edge

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Nov 19 19:30:09 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 9:50 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] Why space tech isn't cutting edge

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>>... So the chips have to be specially hardened and protected by extra
years of development.

>...What about making a coating that would reduce or deflect the
chip-damaging radiation, developing that only once, and then reusing it for
each subsequent generation of chips?

Adrian, do invent such a coating, please sir.  If you are successful, you
will be followed everywhere by a couple dozen aerospace engineers,
collecting pebbles from the path upon which you have tread.  I will beat
them to it: I will go in front of you, sweeping clean your path like those
guys in the Olympic curling competition sweeping the ice, making sure that
your way is perfectly clean so you don't accidentally step on anything and
injure your brilliant foot.  Be aware however that the path to such a
coating in littered with the corpses of those who have gone before and
failed.