[ExI] Why space tech isn't cutting edge

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:37:22 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 2:30 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>> Be aware however that the path to such a
>> coating in littered with the corpses of those who have gone before and
>> failed.
>
> Are you available for sweeping the corpses aside?  I'd imagine they
> would also greatly impede progress.

On the contrary.  When inventing something like this, it can be quite
helpful to look at past efforts and understand why they failed: they can
often identify non-obvious problems, at the cost of their research
funding.  Too bad, so sad for them, but at least subsequent efforts can
learn from their fails.