[ExI] Why space tech isn't cutting edge

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 00:52:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Giovanni Santostasi
<gsantostasi at gmail.com> wrote:
> How the brain does it?
> How do we reboot from such high energy events? Is the brain affected by such
> high energy events?
> Is the brain more stable because of its high parallel architecture?

Brains are stable in the sense that they have a tendency towards an
equilibrium such as a bad habit, but unstable in the same sense that
walking is a carefully-controlled forward falling.

If we had spaceship control systems hooked up to either a single brain
or a dozen brains in committee, which one of those ships would you
rather use to escape the Earth?