[ExI] A small step towards brain emulation

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:19:18 UTC 2012

I look forward to reading your paper Anders.

I don't think our capacity to run an upload copy is the main problem.
I would be perfectly happy to wait for a couple of hundred years after
the scan, for technology to catch up. The main problem is acquiring
and storing all the relevant information, which of course assumes that
we know what the relevant information is.

A chemically preserved brain (brainpreservation.org of John Smart and
Ken Hayworth) can be seen as an analog solid state upload database,
which is almost good enough, but we can read it only once without a
backup copy.