[ExI] Religions are not the ultimate cause of war

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 1 17:00:03 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
Subject: Re: [ExI] Religions are not the ultimate cause of war

On 1 October 2012 17:27, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

>>."Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the
Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God..."

>.That's quite heretic, I suspect, from a traditional Satanist (ie, Satan's
worship along the line of judaeo-crhistian mythology) POV.

>.Too bad in their mimicking catholic stuff they do not have an
excommunication procedure. :-) --  Stefano Vaj

Ja.  The inherent disadvantage of Satanism is that his name is two
syllables.  It makes it harder to call upon one's deity when experiencing a
toe-curler.  The traditional ".Oh God Oh God." is so well established, it is
likely the name itself was originally coined exactly for that nearly
universal purpose.  The pronunciation is almost automatic, and doesn't
require much concentration to utter, at time when the brain is otherwise
completely occupied.  Most names can be shortened to a single syllable, such
as Stef in your case.  But look at the case of the devil, imagine oneself
adopting him as the object of adoration, think of all the names.  None of
them work very well for the purpose stated above:  Oh Dev!  Nah.  Oh Sate!
Nope.  Oh Luce!  That one would immediately stop the action, for the
suspicious partner would demand "Who the hell is Luce?"  The hasty
explanation .Oh, I cut off the 'ifer'. might fly, but would likely spoil the
mood at a critical moment.

Even the hard core true atheists among us have this problem, for none of the
syllables in our particular deity work as a name:  Oh EV!  Oh LOOSH!  Oh
SHUN!

We heretics just hafta face the facts.  God has us in the naming department.
He was there when we were conceived.  We are fighting an uphill battle.

Actually the following list should provide the evidence for the notion that
Religion Incorporated in general originated with the Big Bang.  Consider
each of the names on this list of names for god, and note one thing in
common to almost all of them: they are well suited to be called upon at the
critical moment:

Aab-Tum

Aadar-Baad-Gar

Aadar-Keebreet-Tum

Aadar-Nam-Gar

Aadaro

Aaeen-Aaenah

Aamasht

Abadah

Abarjaa

Abarvand

Abee-Anjaam

A-Beesh

Abreen-Kohun-Tavaan

Abreen-No-Tavaan

Ab-tum

A-Chem

Adar-kibritatum

A-Duee

Afakhsheeaaeaa

A-Farefah

A-Faremosh

Afjaa

Afraajdum

Afza

A-Gar-Aa-Gar-Gar

A-Gumaan

Ahu

Ahuramazd

Ahur-Mazd

A-Jamaan

A-Khuaan

A-Meenogar

An-Aaeenah

An-Aiyaafah

An-Aoshak

Aokh-Tan

A-satoha

A-tars

Avakhseedaar

Baad-Aadar-Gar

Baad-Garjaae

Baad-Gel-Gar

Baad-Gerd-Tum

Baad-Nam-Gar

Bad-adar-gar

Bad-gail-gar

Bad-gar-jae

Bad-gred-tum

Bad-nam-gar

Be-fareftah

Besh-Tarnaa

Bokhtaar

Bune-Steeh

Chamanaa

Daadaar

Daavar

Eeyaanah

Farasaka

Farmaan-Kaam

Farsho-gar

Fashutanaa

Feerozgar

Fraakhtan-Teh

Gail-adar-gar

Gail-nam-gar

Gail-vad-gar

Gar-Aa-Gar

Gar-Aa-Gar-Gar

Gar-Gar

Gar-O-Gar

Geeraa

Hamaarnaa

Ham-Aiyaafah

Ham-Chun

Har-Hameed

Har-Nek-Fareh

Harvastum

Harvesp-Aagaah

Harvesp-Khudaa

Harvesp-tawan

Hu-Sepaas

Jamaga

Kaame-Rad

Kerfegar

Khaavar

Khorehomand

Khrosheed-Tum

Khudaavand

Khvaafar

Meeno-Steeh-Gar

Meeno-Tum

Mino-nahab

Naashaa

Nasha

Padmaanee

Padmani

Pajoh-Dahad

Parajtarah

Parvandaah

Parvaraa

Raiyomand

Rakhoha

Safanaa

Sanaaeaa

Taroneesh

Tum-Afeek

Vaasnaa

Varoon

Vaspaan

Vaspaar

Yazad

To this I would suggest a line of further research.  Note the closest
relatives of humans, the bonobos.  Then researchers might note if they have
a favorite comment these sporty primates tend to make with each pelvic
thrust, such as ".oooh oooh oooh." for instance.  From that evidence, we
might speculate that given enough time, bonobos might eventually come to
worship a deity they call Oooh.