[ExI] deep space again, was: RE: riots again

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 18:19:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Alfio Puglisi <alfio.puglisi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Doesn't this photo make the Fermi paradox even more problematic?

The more of this I see, the more evidence I see for the position that we
are the only radio-using species in our lightcone - at least, that we
would be able to detect.

Whether that's because advanced tech becomes indistinguishable
from noise to lower tech receivers, or because we are in fact the first
(someone had to be), is likely impossibly to verify until we start
physically exploring other stars.  In other words, centuries - possibly
millenia - away, so in order to solve that mystery ourselves, we must
first solve the challenge of living that long.